- Preheat oven to 170 degree C. Line a loaf tin with greased foil and leave an overhang all around.
- Process the flour, bak. powd, cocoa, sugar, eggs, vanilla & sour cream to get a satiny smooth batter.
- Scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula and process again while adding boiling hot water.
- Then add the chocolate chips and stir. Pour into the loaf pan and bake for an hour.
- Make the syrup 5 or 10 mins before the cake is done. Place the sauce ingredients in a sauce pan and boil for 5 to 10 mins. It should be slightly thick, so boil longer if needed.
- Take the cake out and poke holes on the surface. Pour the syrup evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle with chopped dark chocolate. Cover the cake with the overhang and let to cool.